Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A little Christmas Cheer.

Every year, I  enjoy the Christmas decorations, but getting all the decorating done is stressful. This year, we decided to cut back on the decorating and keep it simple. SO this year, we decided on a real tree. We have not had a real one in about 11 years. Love the smell, the shape, it's just awesome.
This photo looks like we are at a tree farm, but we are really at home depot. 

 And instead of using every last ornament we own, we picked the favorites and kept the rest in the box. This year, no wreaths on the windows...just some lighted garland outside, garland down the stair rails but not all over the upstairs railing...

 The kids voted for different colored lights rather than just plain white ones.
 Karlie poses with our real tree decked out with our favorite ornaments.
This year I added an antique window to the mantel...and didn't even get out the stockings....
Jolie is a little excited about her new Christmas dress....
 This year...we added something new...Every year, I've wanted to do the Jesse tree that goes along with Ann Voskamp's book, and I showed my folks her ornament printouts and her travel to bethlehem candle and they made it for us...So on my kitchen table is the display of the ornaments for the jesse tree along with the candle advent wreath with Mary traveling towards Christmas...
 Reading Ann Voskamp's advent book as well as Louie Giglio's Advent book, will help us keep our focus on the real gift of Christmas...

I am excited about the Jesse tree...I think it's my new favorite.









No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!