Friday, July 27, 2018

That Keto life...

If you've know me, you know that throughout my entire life I have struggled with being overweight. I've tried everything over the years. I have had success, but I've also as the word struggle suggests, gained weight back. The constant battle, a thorn in the side, fighting that number on the scale has made me feel like a failure.


Recently, I heard on the radio about KETO and decided to give it a whirl. So I researched it and even bought the book that was suggested on the radio.  I bought Simply Keto and follow her Facebook page and checked out her website  ketokarma . She has a lot of wonderful recipes that are easy to make with easy to find ingredients. So I tried it and had some success, but kept following off the low carb wagon.



Then a friend of mine posted on Facebook that a group in town had been doing a low carb lifestyle with intermittent fasting and taking MCT oil. I had left those two pieces of the puzzle out and since adding those I've finally watched the scales move in the right direction. AND believe it or not, I've not been hungry, not always hearing the pantry call my name. It's been an answer to prayer. The entire family is enjoying my new recipes and my hubby, my mom and I have lost weight. Of course, we still take our AdvoCare supplements (Spark, clear mood, Oasis, Catalyst, Omega plex are some of our favorite go-tos, while enjoying this awesome new to us way of eating.

Looking back, in High School, I prayed that God would help me lose weight. And during that time, I at a high-fat breakfast, you know bacon and eggs, I skipped lunch because  I just didn't like the school cafeteria, went to after school band practice and then ate supper and drank about a gallon of tea when I got home, I guess I was dehydrated. I lost weight. Many people asked me then what I was doing, and I simply said I prayed it off. So God put me on a keto diet back then....over the years, the world tells you to eat low fat and no-calorie processed stuff and that just doesn't work. Yes, there is life without carbs, or at least low carbs. ;)


Some helpful websites and cookbooks that we have enjoyed are fatforweightloss ,ketodaily ,alldayidreamaboutfood

One of my favorite recipes is Lemon Cake from Fatforweightloss.

Keto lemon cake with cream cheese icing... this recipe is a keeper😋
Lemon coconut cake with cream cheese icing (recipe from Aaron Day of Fatforweightloss)
1/2 cup coconut flour
5 eggs
1/4 cup erythritol or pyre blend
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 lemon juiced
1/2 t lemon zest
1/2 t xanthan gum
1/2 t salt
Icing
1 cup cream cheese
3 T erythritol or pyure blend
1t vanilla
1/2 t lemon zest
Separate the egg whites and yolks. Beat the egg whites until they form white peaks. Into the same bowl, place the rest of the ingredients into the bowl. Mix until combined. Pour into a parchment paper lined loaf tin 9 x 5... make icing while cake bakes. Beat the cream cheese, erythritol and vanilla extract and lemon zest together with an electric beater. Bake at 350 until a knife comes out clean. When cake is cooled, Frost it... nutritional info 10 slices, 145 calories a slice, 1 gram carb, 12 g fat 4 G protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!