Monday, July 18, 2011

A heart for the underdog...

Today I witnessed something...that brought back a memory from my childhood...a not so pleasant one...but a memory none the less. We went out for lunch today because today is the first day of Daddy's vacation and we like to eat out...simple as that. We went to a local sandwich shop that gets really busy at lunch. The tables are set up in a very weird way to me: 3 in a row together so that 2 can eat together yet sit with strangers at the same time and if you have a larger group you can just bunch up the tables and eat together. We had bunched up our family next to the wall and since we had 5 today we had to pull and extra chair over. The sandwich shop got busy and a group of college age boys ordered and tried to find a spot together...there were 3 of them and they found the extra two seater table on our row and then the one behind it. Needless to say they separated leaving the one guy on our row alone to eat by himself.... I didn't like it...there was some chit chat with him at first and then they turned their back on him and left him to eat his Cheetos by himself. As I said before I didn't like it, not one bit...they could have moved that table around sat sideways or something...but it didn't happen...

I identified with the loner...that would have been me...it has been me. The memory I recalled when seeing this happened back when I was in 1st grade...something similar happened to me and I ate alone too...

My heart has always gone out to the underdog, the chubby  kid, the short kid, the shy kid, the skinny kid, the nerdy kid....the uncool kid...the unlovely kid, and yes, the orphan. I guess I identify with the underdog because I always felt like one...a little uncool....nerdy looking etc....

BUT

Even if in the past I have felt all alone I know this:

"For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, teh LOrd has chosen you to be HiS treasured possession. Deuteronomy 14:2


Even if in the past I have felt unloved I know this:

"The Lord your GOD is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17


Even if in the past I have felt in bondage I know this:

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:36


I find great comfort to know that I am God's treasured possession, that He delights and rejoices over me with singing and that He has freed me indeed...I can't feel like an underdog with a GOD like this!


So people if you find yourself in a crowded sandwich shop or even a school cafeteria make room for all your friends don't let them eat by themselves...Have a heart for all people underdogs and all...

Need to look and feel better? Need energy? Shop our shopping4advocare



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!