Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July the 4th

July the 4th...

We had a family lunch with bbq chicken, string beans, fresh tomatoes, and cukes, cornbread, corn on the cob, blueberry cobbler and icecream....We snapped a few photos with my phone before heading out to Stone Mountain to see the laser show and fireworks...

Here's the whole family...I look a little serious...but everyone else looks good! 
I whipped out the phone and said, Let, me take your picture...and Jolie squinted her eyes and grinned a BIG Cheese with Gam and Pop...
Here's the kids with all the Grands.
Aren't we cute!?
After lunch...we packed our cooler, bags, and blankets and headed to Stone Mtn Park. Zach's friend, Spenser and his family saved us a spot on the lawn because it was filling up quickly...We had to park a long way from the lawn...and hike it with all our gear. NOTE to self...do not wear the cute sandals to the fireworks show wear the running shoes...paying for it with blisters on my sore feet today!

I love how the carving comes to life in the laser show...
Zach at Stone Mountain...
Karlie at Stone Mountain...
Shek is almost 10 years old and he made the big announcement that this was his first laser show...and of course his older brother said..."Really, Man when I was little we came every week!" I don't think we went every week back then, but we did go a lot...but we DID live closer! Shek did like his first laser show even though we had a little rain on our parade...
Jolie's 1st Independence Day...she is holding a burger without the bun...she enjoyed the day...and liked the fireworks when they were not booming so loudly...she just buried her head and then wanted daddy! If you're my friend on Facebook...you must go see the short video of her dancing to the music while we were at Stn. Mtn....Her brother Shek taught her how to "shake it" ...and she does it all the time now...
Daddy and Jolie
Friends...these guys hang out together all the time...
Karlie and me...
Fireworks...



All my cuties at Stone  Mountain...

The Laser show was great...I loved how they brought some focus on God and the music choices that were played were great ....a little Third Day and other Gospel favorites...and some Christian principles brought into the show...I like that Stone Mountain park is Christian based!

The Park was very crowded...at capacity...rumor is the gates were closed at 6pm because there was no more room...
Lots of people...
more people...people everywhere!

There were storms all around...and the park announced early in the evening to take cover for a little while..I prayed the storms would leave us alone...and although there was some flashes of lightning and some sprinkles...God held the rain back and we got to see the show and fireworks...and we made it all the way to the car before the rain really poured...but even then it wasn't that bad of a storm like it was all around the Metro area....God is good all the time!

We had  a fun-filled 4th of July. I hope you and yours did as well.  It was fun venturing out to see LIVE fireworks rather than watching them on tv. Being amongst the masses was not so bad. I am thankful to live in a country where we are free. I am thankful to the men and women who continue to stand in the gap for me and my family and defend America today.

 May God Bless America...but more importantly, May America Bless God!


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!