Monday, February 28, 2011

Forever Family Day!

She's probably thinking who is the RED haired woman!
Karl said let me hold her...and as soon as he took her the tears stopped. When we worked the baby Sunday school room years ago, he always had the golden touch...crying babies would always hush when he held them.
Here we are...all except Zach.

Daddy's Girls....We thought it was cute how she has to prop up on her arms to take a nap.

Here she is! She has given me the "stink eye" a few times, but she warmed up to me over some chicken nuggets and french fries. Our guide said that she has never been away from her foster family. She can say several words. She is wearing split pants and has actually gone to the bathroom several times for me today. The guide  took her to the bathroom and showed me how those split pants work...and then she whistled. So I have been whistling every time I take her to the potty and it works like a charm.  The guide told us the word for tee tee so when she says it we go.  She was in several layers of clothes, and earlier today she would only let us take off the vest and jacket and her shoes. When Karl put on his jacket to run out and pick up some lunch from a chicken place next door...she brought her jacket to Karlie. I think she wanted to go too. She is a very sweet girl...our driver says she is really cute.  We think so too. She is not a picky eater. She loves the elmo phone we brought. The orphanage people says she likes to shop! When she wants something she takes your hand and points to it. Her nickname is Wen Wen...so we have been calling her Jolie Wen Wen.

This afternoon, we finished taking off her layers, gave her a quick bath...she screamed through the whole ordeal, but she seems to like her new shoes. I think she is a shoe girl...like the rest of us. She really loves Karl, but she is tolerating me more. She seemed content when I "wore" her in the baby carrier when we ventured outside to buy some cokes and waters from a small store next door.

Please keep praying for us all. She is doing very well and has been very brave. Please pray for her foster family too. We are not allowed to meet them, but I would think they too are grieving as well. She is such a sweet girl who has been well cared for and loved.

More photos tomorrow!

18 comments:

  1. I am ready too see her!!She is so pretty. I knew she was anyway but she looks different from her referral photo. Do the things fit you have for her?? Hope so. Am praying for a smooth bonding process for all. Love and miss you all!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejoicing with you and your family! What a beautiful journey this has been for all of you. Thank you for sharing it with other- the love of our Heavenly Father just flows from all the words you have written and the photos! Praying that He would be with the Foster Family and with the Berry Family! Jolie is beautiful and looks like she is just a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, we are so excited for you all. I love seeing the pictures of Jolie, she's precious. Sophie took to Marc before she did me also. We will continue to pray for a smooth transition for all of you. Can't wait to meet her!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What an amazing day. I hope you continue to have good days with your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats....she is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!Will keep you in my prayers!!!!!! Hugs...Sara Perks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo Hoo! I have had friends whose child was a "whistle goer" but Zach wasn't! How cool for you to have that communication off the bat.

    I am SOOOOOO excited. I couldn't stop thinking about you guys yesterday. I love the pictures too! My other friend Holly, her daughter took to her husband and gives Holly the "evil" eye too! But it will pass. I am so happy for Karl because that is neat for the daddy, but I am sad for you...I know that momma in you just wants to make all the sad go away! You stick to it. She will adjust. The next few days will be the hardest as she grieves, but I know you guys are strong enough and will be able to handle it. She is precious. those cheeks are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures, and love the entire story! I know we don't know each other very well, but Martha, you and your devotion to your family are totally inspirational to me! Praying for you all as your China journey continues - I know you will be very happy to get through your consulate meeting and finally come home!
    Marty Connerly

    ReplyDelete
  8. So the shoes fit? ;) Still praying! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your experience and the photos! She is soooo sweet! Is it cool there in China? It is a VERY WARM day here. Our family continues in agreement with yours for a wonderful transition for Jolee and you all. We will also pray peace and comfort for Jolee's foster family. Can't wait to meet that beautiful little girl! Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Martha! I am so happy for all of you! She seems so perfect. It tickled me that she bonded immediately to Karl. She is so beautiful and I know you can't wait to get her home and feel as though it is a done deal! I will keep all of you in my prayers. Much love from Brookhaven to Berryland! Leanne Mc

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really a trip about those split pants! Thanks for sharing. Prayers for you all and Jolie's foster parents. Be safe! Jo Anna Freeman

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a doll baby! Jolie is adorable...even crying. So happy for you. Hang in there with the bonding. She'll love you eventually. Saidie still isn't sure about me at times.
    You might be able to get the foster family's name and address to send them photos in the future or even an email address. It's worth a try.
    Keep the updates and photos coming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praise the Lord! I am so excited for you all & little Jolie Wen Wen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen! She likes to shop? Too bad there aren't many folks back in McDonough that like to do that. Thank you so much for writing! We can not wait to meet her and see the whole family again. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so beautiful! Oh how well I remember that "stink eye" and she would also "tisk, tisk" at me - apparently I did everything wrong and she wanted me to know it. It won't be long though and she will light up the room when she catches sight of you! It sounds like you have had an amazing day. I will be praying for the grieving for her and her foster family and thanking God that He has brought her the best forever family!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so beautiful. I love the picture of her and Karly! She is a lucky little girl. I will continue to pray for you all.
    God is so GREAT!!
    Shellie Beek

    ReplyDelete
  17. She may prefer dad because she had a female caregiver she was close to and being close to you feels like "cheating on" her in her eyes. Don't take it personally :) In time, you will see so many changes! Hang in there. She is GORGEOUS. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!