Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chinese for the adoptive parent

I have been listening to the tape that my friend Lorene gave me (Chinese for the Adoptive Parent). I think I can pronounce some of the phrases correctly now that I have listened to it several times.  I think I will have to write the phrases down because I'll never remember them when I meet her for the first time.


Here's a few of the phrases I have been practicing:


WoShi NiDe MaMa....I am your mommy.
WoShi NiDe BaBA....I am your daddy.
WoMen Shi NiDe MaMa Gen BaBa....We are your mommy and daddy.
TaShi NiDe JieJie....This is your older sister.
TaShi NiDe GeGE....This is your older brother.

DenyYiDeng!...Wait!
Ting Ting! ....... Stop!
ShiDe........Yes
Bu.............No

Wo BuDong....I don't understand!
Ni Dong Bu Dong? ....Do you understand me?

Chi Yi DianDian Ba......Please try just a bite.
Duo Yi Dian Ma? ........More?
Ni MeiShi Ba? Are you ok?
Bie Ku.....Don't Cry.

Lai Chuan Yi Fu ....It's time to get dressed.
Shui Zhao ShiJian......It's time to get ready for bed.
Lai XiZao.........It's time for your bath.

Qing.........Please
XieXie Ni......Thank you
BuYao KeQi....Your Welcome

DuoShao?   How much?
Zhe Ge Duo Shao Qian.......How much does it cost?
Yao pianyi Yidian? Cheaper?

There's so many helpful phrases on these tapes and handouts. I may never remember all of these, but I am going to be sure and learn WoShi NiDe MaMa.






8 more days until lift off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!