Sunday, February 27, 2011

Time keeps draggin' on!

As Johnny Cash used to sing, "Time keeps draggin' on", or at least that 's what it feels like tonight. I wake up every hour looking at the clock because I don't want us to oversleep and be late to meet our guide, Christine, in the morning at 915. We then ride over to meet Jolie Fan Wen at 10. As wide awake as I am there's probably no worries.

Karl and I appreciate your prayers for us.  Your comments and likes on facebook as well as your comments on the blog make us feel loved. Thanks for taking this trip with us. Please, keep the prayers coming. As most of you know, I am a "martha" in this martha world...I've been known to worry, but God keeps showing me that HE is amazing. We have felt your prayers in the following ways this week:
1. When we arrived in Beijing the driver we arranged to take us to our hotel was not there. We wandered around for a few minutes almost thinking we'd have to come up with  a plan B...I was praying...I know you guys were too...then Karl stepped just outside the airport doors and all of the sudden a man started walking across to the very same doors with a sign with our name on it.
2. We felt your prayers, when we arrived at hotel, and the lady at the checkin desk gave us a card with our tour guide's name, phone number and when to meet him in the lobby for our tour of Beijing the next day...we didn't have to wonder...God had it all laid out.
3. We especially felt your prayers yesterday when after trying the hotel atm several times, it would not recognize our plastic. We prayed for an atm somewhere to recognize our cards. When we checked out of the hotel, Karl found in his wallet some cash that he did not remember putting there....hmmmmm!! We also found an atm that liked our card at the airport.
4.We felt your prayers yesterday when we had to take a taxi to the airport. Our family and amount of luggage was too much for 1 taxi and we had to take 2. Our drivers spoke no English nor we any Chinese...I was worried yet again that our taxis would some how get separated when we got there and I wouldn't know what in the world to do....we arrived at the same time...and paid the correct amount to the drivers.
5. We felt your prayers yesterday on the short plane ride to Wuhan. The airplane was extremely cold for awhile and then it got super hot...almost suffocating. I was praying that that heat would go away so that I could breathe...the heat left almost as soon as it arrived.
5. Felt your prayers yesterday, when we got off the plane, retrieved our luggage quickly, and then rounded the bend and there was our guide holding our names on a sign. It was a straight shot from the airplane to the van ride.
Please pray especially for our little girl today. She will be leaving all she knows behind. Pray for supernatural bonding. Agree with us that GOD would love and parent this child through us and that He would love us through her. Pray that she will come to know the Lord Jesus Christ at an early age and seek to love, please, and serve Him all the days of her life. Pray that others may come to know Him through her.

Please, please, don't stop praying without ceasing. I know that GOD is orchestrating our every step. He is making all the rough places plain. When I start to worry, I start singing that old spiritual (in my head) that we used to sing a long time ago, Melissa E. knows which one....Trust and never doubt Jesus will surely bring you out He's never failed me yet!
It won't be long till we see you sweet girl!

4 comments:

  1. We pray that today God will direct and establish all your steps. We pray that all your steps would not be hampered and that you will walk in the ever-brightening light of God's favor. We thank Him for the smooth paths and praise and honor Him for His love and direction! We thank Him for His amazing grace. Love to you all as we wait with you. Love Mom and Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you today. Although you are in a different country, you are right where I was 7 years ago come Tuesday morning. The sleepless night, the countless prayers...all familiar. Just a few more hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for y'all! I remember the same feeling like it was yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and for sweet Jolie. It won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!