Tuesday, July 28, 2009

One good meal a day!

Yesterday the roast and potatoes were a hit with the family. Except with Shek, he thought we were having mashed potatoes and he did not think the nip it in the bud spuds were mashed potatoes because they were in a casserole dish all golden on top...so I think he barely tasted them...so sad...mashed potatoes are his favorite. We did not have the stringbeans...we had carrots instead. The roast was good...the stewed tomatoes added an extra little flavor and added to the gravy the roast cooked in. I think this was a thumbs up meal...Of course Karlie had her typical grilled cheese instead of my good cooking.

TOnight's recipe is Chicken Casserole from Paula Deen's Lady and Sons recipe book. I have already calcualated the ww points. 7 points per serving. I have infact already put it together and it waits in the fridge to be cooked later this afternoon. I think we will have the canned stringbeans tonight seasoned with cooking spray, lite salt, and splenda. (String beans have 0 points).

Here's the Recipe:
Chicken Casserole
The Lady & the Sons
2 c cubed cooked chicken
2 c bread crumbs
1 c cooked rice
1c fat free milk
1 (2oz) jar but I used 4 oz jar of pimentos
1 1/2 t salt
pinch of cayenne pepper
4 eggs beaten
1 lite mushroom soup
1 c half n half
in a large bowl combine chicken, breadcrumbs rice milk and pimentos salt and cayenne. Stir in the eggs. Pour mixture into a buttered or sprayed baking dish and bake 325 for 1 hour. FOr the sauce, in a small saucepan stir together the soup and cream and heat until bubbly. Serve the sauce on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!