Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 is winding down

The holidays are winding down, school starts back next week, and we are yet to finish some assignments that were sent home. Shek's flu actually threw a wrench on getting school work done prior to Christmas. I am so glad no one else caught that flu bug from him, because he was MiSeRaBlE....for sure, so we will be scrambling to finish up a few assignments before class starts back on Tuesday.


Usually, the hustle and bustle of Christmas, and the panic to get everyone 'enough' gifts can suck the joy right out of the true meaning of Christmas for me. The holiday, that brought the most delight to me as a child has not always brought the same delight to me as an adult. I love the celebration of Jesus' birthday of course, but the pressure that comes with it as an adult is not so fun, But this Christmas/ Advent season, determined to focus on Jesus, I read the  Advent book that our pastor, Louie Giglio wrote as well as the advent books by Ann Voskamp.


 We did the Jesse Tree and advent candle wreath that  goes along with Ann Voskamp's books for the advent season. Gam and Pop made the ornaments, tree, and wreath  that go with the devotional book. The ornaments were beautiful, and this will now be my favorite part of Christmas, I look forward to doing it again and again. I enjoyed reading the daily devotion, and having someone place the ornament for that day on the tree.

 I documented the  ornaments on instagram and it was fun and something we anticipated doing each day.
This is a photo of the Jesse tree complete with all the ornaments and topped with the star on Christmas day. Gam and Pop, the designers of the tree are pictured here with their grands.

Christmas Eve is always a busy day for our family, we always go to Christmas Eve services, followed by a birthday party for Jesus. This year, we headed to our church in the morning for Christmas eve services and then headed down to Zach's church for services at 4 pm.  I served with several of the ladies pictured above at our church, this photo was taken at our last Grove of 2014 rather than on Christmas Eve. I love serving at my church, and I treasure the new friendships with the ladies I serve with.
After Christmas Eve services at Zach's church, Honey posed with all her Great-grands. She was delighted that she could hear every word the pastor said, and all the songs. Usually in church services she has difficulty hearing anything, so she was delighted not to miss a word.

We came home for Christmas Eve celebrations at our home, the kids opened their traditional Pjs, but did not really want to pose for a photo...oh well....

Now we get ready for 2015....may the prayer of Jabez continue to be our prayer for 2015,"Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm[a] so that it might not bring me pain!” And God granted what he asked. 1 Chroniciles 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!