Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hubby

My hubby is the best! I met him in 1985 on the marching band practice field during our freshman year in college. He played tuba and I was playing Saxophone for the first time in my life, because the director didn't think clarinets ( my real instrument) made enough significant noise on the marching field...

He was eighteen years old wearing a muscle shirt and those '80's cut off jean shorts...He had a 5 oclock shadow and a hairy chest...he was manly~ a real man!
                                                Karl back in the day probably 1986

                                               us...I am looking very '80's

He's the best! Great hubby, wonderful dad, trustworthy, patient, and reliable. He's going to do what he says he's gonna do... He loves Jesus and his family. I mentioned he was patient; he has to be...he taught me how to drive a stick shift when we were newlyweds and he didn't pull his hair out or get angry...and now driving a "standard" is FUN!

Karl with the kids...he's the best dad around.

                                    Karl loves to go to the lake...he has threatened to sell the boat; the rest of us flip-out when he mentions selling cause we love going to the lake too.
                                                        He has a sense of humor too...We needed extra passport photos for our dossier and this was his first "mugshot"...got to love it!

This was taken at Dillard House on our 20th anniversary weekend get a way! Ain't he purty?


Here he is getting ready to fish off the dock at Lake Burton. He likes to go fishing, but doesn't get to go as much as he would like.







                                           Here we are 20 years ago at our wedding with our parents...Has it really been 20 years? It sure doesn't seem like 20 years...Time flies when you're having fun!

My hubby is the best and I love him...I thank God for putting that manly man in my squad on that marching band field all those years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!