Monday, August 23, 2010

Here's one way to increase your cardio in your daily exercise routine

 My friend, Melissa and I walk 4 days a week before daylight.  I take a flashlight that flashes blue so that cars can see us and she takes one so that  we can keep our eyes peeled for snakes and such while we are walking We have run across several "dead" snakes over the summer.  The other night, I woke up from a nightmare having dreamed that I was bitten by a snake while walking.

Today, Melissa almost stepped on one! At first we thought it was dead, but then we saw it move its head...he must have been sleeping when we came upon him. Needless to say, we decided to run, not walk until we were out of that cul de sac!! We made extra good time today and are very thankful for God's protection from a potentially 'deadly' situation.

So if you think you need to pump your exercise routine a bit or maybe you need to make a faster time for your walk/run...try exercising on the same road as a snake...it'll get your blood pumpin' ...and your time WILL be a lot faster...if you're in to timing your walk/runs...

Here's a photo of us...my eyes are half shut in this photo...but that's probably about what I look like at 530 in the morning too...unless of course I am running from a snake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!