Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Polar Express

Even though our focus at Christmas is Jesus and not Santa, one of our favorite secular Christmas story books and Christmas movies is The Polar Express. I was first introduced to this book when I was student teaching in college, and the teacher of the class had me read it to all of our English classes. They were all 7th graders and they sat listening quietly which was unusual for them. I had to own that book myself and purchased my copy of this book back when I was a "poor college student". I have read it to my kids over the years and we have even gone on a Polar express "train" ride in the mtns.

Today while doing my blog reading I saw a link to a sweet letter written by Chris Van Allsburg at amazon. Grab the kleenex, Scroll all the way down...it's worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!