Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Prettier than a plastic Barbie Doll

Today, while shopping at our favorite place, Marshals, Jolie found a dress. It was blue, and not just any blue, but Cinderella blue complete with sparkles, leggins, and ruffles. AND just for me it was on clearance to the tune of 7 bucks. So in the buggy this little outfit went. Jolie came home and tried it on...and then asked the question that she has asks me on numerous occasions. " Am I as pretty as a plastic Barbie doll?" She is brought this question up many times. The first time she asked this I was shocked, I could not figure out where she had wrapped her worth or beauty around a Barbie Doll, a plastic one at that. I always answer, You're much prettier than a plastic Barbie doll.

I have tried to teach my girls that they are fearfully and wonderfully made and that "GOD don't make no Junk!", and that they are His treasured possession, but as girls go, I know sometimes it's hard to believe all the positive things when the world tells you otherwise.  Karlie listens to comments from others over and over again, that she's short and tiny and that she must be younger than she really is. Even their own mom has a hard time with the fearfully and wonderfully made part, especially after a day of shopping and trying on clothes. Dressing rooms are always an un-fun thing for me. Why can't there be a what not to wear crew standing in the dressing room telling me what I ought to try on? It would save a lot of trouble, but I digress.

Anyway, I am just gonna believe it. We are all prettier than a Plastic Barbie Doll. We are fearfully and wonderfully made by the almighty...and you know what, He really "DON't Make NO junk"...

Psalm 139:14


 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!