Monday, February 27, 2012

Best Decision I ever made

Life is full of decisions and choices to be made. I have made my share of good and bad choices over my lifetime, but the best decision I ever made was to follow Jesus. At the age of 13 years old, I  finally asked Jesus to take control of my life. You see I  knew who Jesus was, but I didn't KNOW Him. I knew I needed HIM, I knew I was a  mess. So, my mom talked me through the scriptures, and I asked Him to take control of my life and HE did. I have not been the same since! Sure, I have grown a lot, made mistakes, struggled with bad thought life, and even with doubts. BUT I am thankful that although I am growing in Him, I know that He is not done with me yet...I have one of those under construction signs with the orange cones  right in front of my life. I am thrilled that I am a work in progress~HIS work in progress.

At church, our focus has been The Frontier Awaits. Our church has partnered with other churches around the globe, seeking to share JESUS with those who have never heard of HIS saving grace. Also, our pastor challenges us to be a missionary in our own mission field, at work,  in our community, and with our family. After all we are missionaries everywhere we go, our lives are speaking to others,but what is it saying? If we know JESUS then are we being that light in this dark world?

So, I want to make the most of those divine appointments in my life, I want to take this opportunity to share a sweet little card that was given to us at church it was designed by the Billy Graham organization. The card's fold is called the never ending card ...and that's just what eternity is~ never ending.

The never ending card opens like this, and has STEPS to peace with GOD...
Fold the card to see step 2...we see what separates us from GOD and that is sin!
We can see that no matter what good we think we can do, it won't bridge the gap between us and GOD, but one bridge does and it is...
The Cross! God's bridge is The Cross.
Our Response is to TRUST JESUS.
Admit that you are a sinner.
Be willing to turn from your sins.
Believe that Jesus died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.
Pray to Jesus like the prayer listed on the card above.
Next!
 LIVE for JESUS..
If you have asked Jesus to take control of your life for the first time, let somebody know, comment here, or email me, I will be happy to pray for you as you live for JESUS and grow in HIM!

3 comments:

  1. Great blog, Martha.

    Keep "Lifting Him Up" !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you and your daily walk with God. May He continue to bless you and yours. Blessings, Love and Hugs,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome way to share your testimony! Keep on keeping on! Have a blessed night and thank you for sharing this with us!

    Love,
    Shannon:)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!