Monday, September 6, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: Festival of LIGHT


 Every Labor Day Weekend our church hosts a Festival of Light for the community. It's a last big summer fireworks night before the fall weather sets in. It's also a time for our church to reach out to the community in hopes to share Jesus with everyone. This is the 6th year we have hosted the festival and each year it gets better and better. I always help with registration. You get to meet friends and family and also new friends at the gate. We encourage folks to register their attendance with us so that they might win a door prize. This year we gave out t-shirts.


This is my friend Melissa. We walk together everyday. We've known each other for 20 years. WOW! Has it been that long.

These are my sweet 11th grade CORE girls. We meet each week for Bible study...and just pray and learn and talk each week. These are precious girls. I've known most of these girls most of their lives too. BUT I am not old...I repeat...I am not old.

Each year the crowds get bigger and bigger. This is just one section of the crowd pictured here.

Here's Honey with Kimberly and her new baby Jack. Kimberly is one of Honey's friends...Kimberly is in a group at church that checks in with the widows.. My mom and pop are pictured here too they are wearing matching grey shirts from a previous Festival of Light.
 
My boy and his band got to play this year at the Festival of LIGHT. 

IT was very hot when they played. His cheeks turn really rosy when he gets hot... I uploaded a video of one of their songs, but I will have to share that tomorrow. 

Here's Spenser...(the Nick Jonas look a like)...He has been one of Zach's long time friends.
 
                                              Spenser Caylene and Zach
Karl and me...proof that we were there and not always behind the camera...
 
                                            Karlie worked with the facepainting part of the games. She loved it. She had rubbed off her face paint by the time I snagged her for a photo.
 
 My youngest always loves to climb the wall and ring the bell at the top.
 Right before the fireworks, we joined together as one huge crowd of people and sang The National Anthem. The motorcycle cops road their motors across the levee of the pond with lights a flashing...it was quite patriotic. And our pastor shared the gospel with with many.
 



Here's some of the fireworks I captured. I liked the ones on the left because they look like treble clefs and eighth notes.

Tonight, we are going to feed the homeless with our church in ATL. After this busy weekend, I think I need another "day" to just rest up....lol


Ni Hao Y'all

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time to be had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Sounds like an absolutely GREAT way to share Jesus with others :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!