Thursday, December 13, 2012

Good Christmas Reads


Do we not look totally charming and unposed here?

I have lots of Children's picture books. Having been a preschool teacher and Sunday School teacher for a few years, a momma for 20 and a homeschooling momma too, I have quite the collection of kids' books. Of course, Christmas being my favorite, I have a lot of Christmas choices.

The other day, Shek and I had packed up my book tote with all of our Christmas books to take to Sunday School. I grabbed that packed bag and told Jolie to pick out one or two to read before bedtime. I knew which one was her favorite last year, and I wondered if it would still be her pick this year, and it was.


Jolie's favorite is Mary Did You Know? Since it's a song, we sing it when we read it. 

Here she is singing her favorite book...Don't you love her makeup? She applied it herself!

  When I started to read, the big kids piled in the bed too asking for their favorites. I was touched to see my seventeen year old girl grab her childhood favorite and then my 11 year old grab his. I told Karl he should take our photo, but I rethought that because I really did not want a blog post with a photo of us in our pjs, or should I say me in my pjs. 
Family favs:
Shek's pick is Silver Packages by Cynthia Rylant
Karlie's Pick is The Legend of the Candy Cane by Lori Walburg
Jolie's pick is Mary did you Know by Mark Lowry
Mom's pick is Piper's Night before Christmas  by Mark Lowry(it rhymes)...but mom really likes them all.
So last night, we "posed" with our favorites. Some of our  favorites are pictured above. I don't know which is Zach's favorite. I am sure he has one, because he is all about those family traditions we do each year.
Shek loves Silver Packages. He loved trains as a little boy, maybe that's why this is his favorite.

Shek insisted that I post this photo. It really sums up how interested they were in posing for my blog post photos. 
Merry Christmas and Happy Reading y'all!


the long road

1 comment:

  1. What great reads! I do totally love her makeup too- made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!