Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sunday snapshot~Time Flies!

They say: "Time flies when you're having fun!" Well, it must be the truth..because it's hard to believe that it has been 21 years ago today (June 16) that I married the sweetest man alive, my best friend. God blessed me with my hubby! He's the best!

We were married in my home church in Mississippi at quarter past two o'clock in the afternoon because I liked how that looked on the invitation! LOL
The Church was all decked out with ferns and shades of pink...no it was not Steel Magnolias! 
We didn't have an armadillo groom's cake..although red velvet is pretty yummy!
Here's me and my bridesmaids. Daf,(I met in 5th grade,I  moved away,we met again at jr.college band, we became roomies two years later and best of friends.  Tammye, we have been  friends since high school...we were band nerds together! Then Becky, met at Mississippi State in band and  Iwas in her BSU weekly Bible study one semester. Then there is Amy we became friends in Junior high! Jessica was my flower girl...a cousin who is now all grown and married herself!
On the morning of the wedding, Daf said she had a dream about singing "Going to the Chapel" on the way to the church...so we sang it all the way to church.
I rocked my puffed sleeves! Puffed sleeves were the thing back then...I was a fan of Anne of Green Gables... and I wanted puffed sleeves...glad they were the thing in wedding gowns at the time.
There's the whole wedding party including Brother Bob, Tom Moak (one of my favorite people in the world, he sang "The Lord's Prayer" and MaryBeth sang "Make Us One" and "In this very Room"...and Durr played the organ, he was the church's organist as well as my favorite college British Lit teacher!
Brother Bob and us. He was my pastor through out my youth. He baptized me when I was 13. And married us;.he has a special place in our hearts.

The groomsmen...Brad, his best friend from Kindergarten...they don't get to visit like they  used to, then Joe his cousin, Carroll his dad...he passed away in 1999, Then his brother Russ is standing on the end.
Aren't we sooo cute!?
My favorite of all our wedding photos!
A very Happy Day!
Here we are with our folks...my brother-in-law used to comment that I had my eyes bugged out in all the photos, bless his heart! (I used to have a hard time keeping my eyes open with those wicked flashes).
Posing with my grandmother, Honey
 G and Greatmama....Karl's grands, both have since gone to be with Jesus.
Cutting the cake.
That's some good pink punch right there...and that was the best wedding cake ever...My friend Tammye told me about the baker...she was a lady that lived in Wesson.
The Groom's Cake...It was strawberry with a boat theme, Karl Berry's favorite...well, pound cake is high on his favorite list too.
Daf catches the bouquet!
And we're off!

Twenty-one years later...Karl has had 8 different jobs, I've taught preschool at 2 different churches, and taught high school homeschool co-ops and mostly been wife and mom. We've lived in two different towns, and lived in one apartment and 3 different houses...we have four kids (3 bios and 1 adopted)... We've had two miscarriages..We have buried both of Karl's grandmothers, and his parents...A lot has happened in the past 21 years....I am thankful to GOD for blessing us with each other!

AND you ask what did you do for your anniversary today? Well, we slept a little late planning to go for lunch with out the kids....but our oldest says by the way...all the guys that are playing with me tomorrow at AtlantaFest...well, they are spending the night. So we spent a better part of the day blowing up air mattresses and tidying up! Karl would say he spent a lot of his morning scanning in wedding photos for me...We did make it to a nice lunch and then got in a little shopping.
He gave me this beautiful necklace for our anniversary! I've wanted one for a long time. I'll post more photos of it on another post. It comes packaged so nicely! And of course I photographed each step of the unwrap...lol

Happy Anniversary, Karl! I love you...and thanks for scanning in all these wedding photos and for the beautiful necklace!



Sunday Snapshot










4 comments:

  1. Yay for puffed sleeves & AoGG. LOVE IT. Ya'll are just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean your shades of pink weren't called Blush and Bashful??! (Steel Magnolias is a favorite movie!) Well, they were still just gorgeous and would make everyone across the South just as proud as can be! You were a lovely bride and still a beautiful wife! Congratulations on your continuing happy marriage. :)

    Marty Connerly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and you have not aged one bit! Goodness! Red hair must make for good non-aging genes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Happy anniversary! And, oh the puffy sleeves...I remember those well...had a few bridesmaids dresses with their own fair shares of puffiness in the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!