Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Snapshot~10 YEARS AGO

Many have asked in recent days, "What were you doing on 9-11-01? That's an easy one for me! I had just given birth to my 3rd born, Shek on the day before. On the day of the attacks, I was in the hospital excited to be watching some tv other than PBS. My older two kids were at school in 3rd grade and kindergarten. Little did I know that watching the Today Show that morning I would see the towers go down live. It was a very surreal time...and I found myself glued to CNN in the days that followed. During a time of such uncertainty, I was very thankful that God allowed me to have Shek a week early.

Photos of Shek, 10 years ago from the baby book! To learn more about how SHEK got his unusual name read this!

10 Years Later
 we celebrated Shek's 10th birthday!
Shek and Gam
Jeff Gordon cake, of course

Reading a birthday card

 The fam
Pop with Shek and Jolie. Shek is too interested in his new ds game to look at the camera.

Finally looks at the camera...

Karl says this may be the last year "I can ride Shek on my shoulders."

A lot has happened in the past 10 years...as I saw in the baby book when I scanned the baby  photo...a gallon of gas was $1.49 a gallon! I've watched my son grow into a sweet fun comedian.
10 years later ,We continue to celebrate life.






Sunday Snapshot


3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Shek! What an awesome birthday cake!

    Thought about you yesterday while we were watching the game--guess you can just cheer for everyone on a day like that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a monumental moment of remembrance for your family. Happy birthday to Shek!!! Hope it was a great one~ looks like it was!!! Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Shek! Looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!