Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wicked Winds

I love a little thunderstorm, but not when there are deadly tornadoes with it. Yesterday the wind was strong. I had the Einstein hair-do even with hair product. Some one in the family said I had BIG hair yesterday! LOL In fact,the wind was so strong that the basketball goal fell twice yesterday (once very near me and the baby). And the wind blew a heavy comforter off of the clothes line. THE wind had been wicked all day all over the south east.

We knew that bad weather was on its way so we watched our local channel for the latest updates, but when the weather gets bad the satellite comes and goes.

One of my friends texted me late to make sure that I had all my kiddos sleeping downstairs. At the time 3 out of 4 were downstairs. At 1230 we grabbed the kids and the important papers and headed to the basement.  BUT Karl kept coming upstairs and going out on the porch to watch the weather...I told him to come on downstairs...he could hear the warning sirens.

No tornadoes touched down near our house. I snagged some storm damage photos submitted by tv viewers from the local news channel website.



Pray for those who have lost loved ones, homes, and businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!