Saturday, May 14, 2011

Exercising for the chubby in me~an ongoing battle

Have stroller will travel....as long as Jolie has a "bottle"! BUT she usually has finished that bottle before
 the first ring around the track is complete! So I distract her with looking at the geese, ducks, planes and flowers....and some how we manage to get our walk in.
Traveling buddies....minus Shek. When Shek goes he takes his  scooter....he's tired after scootering for 3 miles.

I usually walk every afternoon with Melissa, but lately our crazy schedules have gotten in the way of walking....So I am trying to get some mileage in spite of this crazy time of year.

I've let the weight creep back up...and it's just disgusting, so I have got to get some exercise in! I've always struggled with weight.   As a child, my grandmother would sew many of my clothes, the size written on the pattern actually said chubby...I thought that meant the style or name of the dress....and then there was Sears Pretty plus(believe me there was nothing pretty about plus in the pretty plus section) and even boys husky jeans for me....back when I was growing up, I was the fat kid....the one called "big martha"....oh how I hated that....now a days....I would actually be considered one of the regular sized kids from the looks of kids today.
Me~Chubby kid of the '70's
Photo taken at My Great~Granny Creel's House in LA with Clyde the Pony
I was in 4th grade in this photo!

Many people who struggle with their weight eat when they are stressed or bored...I eat because food tastes good. So here I am again trying to get in 3 to 5 miles of walking/jogging in everyday....and I am contemplating the QWL diet. It's a diet that really works and fast....but one that I grow tired of...there's only so much grilled chicken, eggs, lettuce with Italian dressing and a few other items that I can take for an extended period of time....lol

So if there's a fat kid in your life(either young or old) don't call them or allow anyone else to call them:"Big Insert name here" or if you have a skinny, short or really tall kid in your  life....rejoice in who they are not what they look like.


Psalm 139:14-16
 13-16 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
      you formed me in my mother's womb.
   I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!
      Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
      I worship in adoration—what a creation!
   You know me inside and out,
      you know every bone in my body;
   You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
      how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
   Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
      all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
   The days of my life all prepared
      before I'd even lived one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS make me HAPPY! Comments make me smile!